Pursuant to New York State Education Law, parents, legal guardians and persons in parental relation to a student are entitled to certain rights with regard to their child’s personally identifiable information.
1) A student’s personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
2) Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s educational records maintained by the East Quogue School District.
3) State and Federal Laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable student information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including, but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
4) A complete list of all student data elements collected by New York State is available for review at the following website:
5) Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed.
Complaints should be directed to:
East Quogue School District
Rob Long, Superintendent of Schools
6 Central Avenue
East Qugoue, NY 11942